Designed to give you options, the Renogy 30A Dual-Input DC-to-DC MPPT On-Board Battery Charger can charge a service battery in two different ways. The multi-stage charger can utilize connected solar panels or an alternator linked to a starting battery. While your vehicle's alternator prioritizes your starting battery, this unit will allow your solar system to charge your service battery first! It's the smart way to keep yourself fully charged and off-grid longer! With multi-stage charging and multi-chemistry functionality, Renogy's DC-to-DC MPPT Charger has you covered whether you're using Flooded, Gel, AGM, or Lithium batteries. Now you can unlock monitoring and control features exclusively using the BT-2 Bluetooth Module and Renogy DC Home App (available in both the App Store and Google Play).
If you have any questions regarding this product, please email email@example.com.
- Designed to charge service batteries from two DC inputs—solar panels and alternator .
- Built-in Maximum Power Point Tracking (MPPT) to maximize the solar power.
- 3-phase charging profile (Bulk, Boost, and Float) ensures your service battery will be accurately charged at the correct voltage levels to 100%.
- Built-in Voltage Sensitive Relay (VSR) for easy setup with traditional alternators.
- Compatible with smart alternators (with variable output voltage).
- Trickle charges the starting battery via solar panels if the service battery is fully charged.
- Isolation of the starting battery and the service battery.
- Temperature and voltage compensation features prolong battery life and improve system performance.
- Smart Protection Features: battery isolation, over-voltage protection, battery temperature protection, over-current protection, overheat protection, reverse current protection, solar panel and alternator reverse polarity protection.
- Compatible with multiple battery types: AGM, GEL, Flooded, and Lithium.
- Compact with a sturdy design, it was built tough for all conditions.
- Bluetooth Monitoring Ready! Exclusively available with the BT-2 Bluetooth Module accessory and Renogy DC Home App available on the IOS and Google Play Stores.
Battery Temperature Sensor
IGN Signal Wire
RS485 Communication Cable
|System Voltage : 12VDC||Battery Voltage Range : 9-16VDC|
|Maximum Charging Current : 30A||Battery Type : SLA, GEL, FLD, LI, USER|
|Backup Battery Charging Mode : MPPT||Charging Efficiency : Up to 97%|
|Max. Solar Input Voltage : 25V||Maximum Solar Input Power : 400W|
|TAlternator Input Voltage : Traditional Alternator: 13.2-16VDC Smart Alternator (Euro 6): 12-16VDC||Maximum Alternator Input Power : 400W|
|Self-consumption : 60mA||Operating Temperature Range : -35°C~65°C / -31°F~149°F|
|Dimensions : 9.2 x 5.8 x 3.0 in / 234 x 146 x 77 mm||Weight : 3.13 lbs / 1.42 kg|
|Accessories||1-year material warranty|
Review Hide Reviews
DCC30S 12V for Eurovan solar
Hi, the build quality is good. Nice touch to include the ring terminals (#4 AWG in case you were wondering). Still waiting for my LiFePO4 battery to arrive. Two items worth mentioning: 1- Only supports up to 25V from solar. This prevents you from running most 18V panels in series. Parallel setups are OK of course but series installation gives you a few more options. For me, I may need to mix and match panels because of space constraints on my roof (skylights get in the way). 2- Unclear if I can connect and use an existing shore power AC/DC that puts out 13.8V through this battery charger, using the ALT+ input (connection to vehicle alternator). The specifications would suggest this should work. It should be quite comparable to the alternator output. Why? Going through the DCC unit would prevent overcharging since this old AC/DC was for lead acid and does not have a Lion charge mode. Note: I am running a BMS that I'll program to prevent that scenario as well. That should be technically sufficient. Perhaps that is why this isn't a documented feature. Hoping the install goes well and without any surprises!