The 10A Rover Boost charge controller is a unique solution that allows you to charge 36V or 48V battery banks with 12V or 24V low voltage solar panels—specially designed for golf carts and electric vehicles. Increase your driving mile range and battery life using the power of solar and the Rover Boost.
Engineered to boost the panel's voltage while maintaining high-speed MPPT Technology Tracking, the Rover Boost is one of the industry's most powerful controllers perfectly suitable for limited spaces. With minimal configuration needed, the Rover Boost is preset to charge lead-acid and lithium batteries and supports the latest Renogy Bluetooth monitor giving you the option for remote monitoring and setting adjustments via smartphone.
If you have any questions regarding this product, please submit a case!
Key FeaturesBoost Charging
- Boosts the voltage of 12V or 24V solar panels to charge 36V or 48V batteries
- Increasing driving distance includes: electric vehicles, golf carts, scooters, trikes, and more.
- Advanced MPPT Technology with minimum 99% tracking efficiency and 90% charge conversion efficiency for 4-stage battery charging (Bulk, Boost, Float, and Equalization) with charging
- AGM/Sealed, Gel, Flooded, and Lithium. User mode also available for customizing charging
- Protect your battery, controller, and solar—including over-charge protection, reverse polarity protection, and more!
- Add a Renogy Bluetooth Module (sold separately) and download the Renogy DC Home App for remote monitoring and customization.
- 【Upgraded Monitoring with Renogy ONE】 Add a Renogy Bluetooth Module(sold separately) and Renogy ONE M1 to achieve smart energy monitoring with intuitive visuals and real-time data. This all-in-one display provides you access to accurate energy system data anywhere, anytime via the DC Home app.
36V/48V Rover Boost 10A MPPT Solar Charge Controller
|Nominal System Voltage:||36V / 48V, Auto Recognition (Non-Lithium)|
|Rated Charge Current:||10A|
|Max. PV Input Power:||PV Input Power: 500W/36V; 650W/48V Charging Power: 450W/36V; 600W/48V|
|MPPT Voltage Range:||15 ~ 25VDC / 36V 15 ~ 40VDC / 48V|
|Solar Input Voltage Range (VOC):||15 ~ 25VDC / 36V 15 ~ 40VDC / 48V|
|Max Input Current (short-circuit, Isc):||35A|
|Power Limiting Protection:||Up to 600W/36V; 800W/48V|
|Battery Operating Range:||30 ~ 65 VDC|
|Power Consumption:||≤ 2W|
|Ground Type:||Common Negative Lug (M3)|
|Battery Types:||AGM/Sealed, GEL, FLOODED, LFP, USER*|
|Electronic Protections:||Battery overcharging, Battery over discharge, Battery reverse polarity protection, PV reverse polarity, PV Reverse flow, PV short-circuit protection, Controller internal over-temperature protection, Charging over-current protection|
|Dimensions:||8.8 x 7.6 x 2.9 inch / 224 x 192 x 74.5mm|
|Weight:||2.65 lbs / 1.2 Kg|
|Max. Terminals Size:||16 ~ 2 AWG, M6-12x1|
|Operating Temperature Range||-31°F ~ 149°F / -35℃ ~ + 65℃|
|Storage Temperature Range||-40°F ~ 176°F / -40℃ ~ + 80℃|
|Operating / Storage Humidity||0-95% RH|
|Temperature Compensation||-3mV / ℃ / 2V (Non-Lithium) 0mV / ℃ / 2V; no compensation (Lithium)|
|Remote Monitor||Bluetooth Module BT-2 (RS485 / CAN bus signal)|
|Material and workmanship warranty||2 Year|
|CE and RoHS compliant||YES|
|FCC Class B Part 15 Compliant||YES|
The off-grid solar system includes the solar panels, charge controller, batteries, inverter, Bluetooth module, and wirings.
First, the battery should be hooked up to the charge controller with tray cables. Second, then connect your solar panel to your charge controller with adaptor kits.
After the wiring connections, you will need to set your battery type using the SET button, and then the controller can take care of the rest. The LED Indicators and SET buttons are found on the OUTPUT side of the Rover Boost.
Load Protection: Load Overload protection, Load Short Circuit protection, Controller Overheating protection
PV Protection: PV Over Current Protection , PV Short Circuit protection , PV Reverse Polarity protection, Battery overheating protection
10A represents the max amount of amps the controller can output going INTO THE BATTERIES.
The Rover Boost accepts ring terminals or lugs. Due to the terminal housing, ring terminals must comply with the instructions manuals.